1Co 14:34 -
The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says.

1 Timothy 2:9-15 

11 A  woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But  I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For  it was Adam who was first created,  and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell  into transgression.

Help???

Tags: home, in, meetings?, speakers, women

Views: 237

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well I ordered his tape set from seed sowers 52 dollars for tapes!

http://seedsowers.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_75&produ...

Felicity Dale said:
Gene Edwards has written a book called "The Christian Woman... Set Free." I have not read it but I believe it is good.

/body>
Hi All!

I invite you to read my most recent blog post entitled "explaining away the plain sense of biblical texts" [ http://www.simplechurch.com/profiles/blogs/explaining-away-the-plain ]. It touches on some of the interpretational issues related to this thread.

Shalom from Manila,
--Michael
Jeromy and Marcella, how nice that you are a team. I enjoy addressing both of you in the comments. Its great that this discussion carries the significance of two being one!

Tony has a great suggestion. It would be very good to start such a blog or discussion about more specifically on how to actively encourage women into ministry. We are past the point of debating the issue, and are able to move on to addressing the how and when and where and what of women in ministry. Since God is already working in these ways thru many women, we have much experience and insight from which to draw for positions of leadership, teaching, prophesying, harvesting, and bringing the kingdom of God to manifestation.

Actually, it probably doesn't need to be a women focus, except that they have been slaves to the churches for so long, women may not know how to rise up to walk in the ministry the Lord wants to give them. Otherwise, it would be helpful for anyone just entering, or growing in the word of the Lord.

I am so glad that the Lord has helped us see that slavery in all its forms is not his perfect plan for planet earth. So, we can bury the old theology, and allow the new one to be raised from the dead... and be as life giving, so that the whole earth might be filled with the knowledge of the Lord. We have a great and all encompassing task ahead. Let us hold on to and encourage each other in it. Carolyn

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dale Interactive.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service